Sunday, April 12, 2009

IPTV MTNL

I had a MTNL triband internet connection and my own wireless router for wireless internet connectivity.
My trouble started as soon as I opted for IPTV. Aks people came and installed a new modem in place of old one without clarifying that new modem would not work with my wireless router. I lost my wireless internet connectivity.
After number of calls on 1500,2674 8900, 126555 and 126777 for a number of days I was told to approach Andheri(W) Exchange for supply of new modem. After applying in writing and number of follow up visits, ultimately new wireless modem arrived. The person who installed modem simply refused to activate WEP security feature and plainly told me to approach MTNL call centre for help. I made number of calls but the call center staff has no idea about how to activate WEP security. Ultimately on the third day of my regular daily enquiry, one good operator was kind enough to check the proceedure from senior officer and guided me how to do it myself.
As soon as I started to use IPTV I had problems. At frequent intervals the screen becomes standstill with message “Waiting for signals” and signals do not arrive even if I stare at blank screen for 10-15 minutes !
Now since last one week IPTV has totally stopped working. When I first lodged complaint on 126777 I was told that somebody will come and solve my within a day. Nobody arrived. After waiting for 2 days I again lodged the complaint and insisted that a complaint number be given to me, I was given complaint no. 090430.
Since then I am daily reminding them to get my IPTV restarted but Aks-Icontol has not sent any person so far. The call center staff on 126555, 125777, 1500 2674 8900 have been instructed not to give any phone number of any officer of Aks or MTNL to caller like me so that we can draw their attention. After so much arguments I was given number 9322111770 of one Mr. Ritesh, who never cared to come on line inspite of my seven attempts to talk to him. The telephone operator on Aks’ Board Number 28712953 does not lift the receiver at all.
When I rang Andheri Exchange’s 2628 2112 number for help I was given unthinkable rude reply from some unknown person who refused to identy himself.
At the time of writing this on Sunday, April 12, 2009 8.00 pm I am waiting helplessly for MTNL or Aks staff’s mercy. I have lost all my hopes and just stare at blank screen of my TV and my telephone instrument which I have used atleast 100 times to approach MTNL and Aks, with each call attempt lingering for more than 5 minutes even for staff to attend the call, lift the receiver and say hello !
This is one of the finest example of after sales service being provided by the service providers !

2 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger Varsha said...

heyy i am also going thru the same condition that u mentioned, the customer care staff is just glued to the salary and they care least for customers like us, when i raised my voice i got couple of nos. one was of cource of "ritesh" i hear just that crapy ringtone 4m him, i m guessing why mtnl puts the add of responsible call centre ??

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

IPTV DELHI
I HAVE BEEN FACING SIMILAR PROB.
MY TEL NO IS 27487321
CA NO 2041137321
TO LODGE A COMPLAINT ABOUT MY IPTV I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT CUSTOMER CARE ON NOS 1500 26991500 26990009 & 12699.
I DON'T UNDERSTAND IF IT IS SO DIFFICULT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT, HOW MUCH DIFFICULT IT WILL BE TO GET IT REDRESSED.
PLEASE ADVISE ACTION.

SHRIGOPAL SHRIVASTAVA
23 JUL 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home